Une lecture de la figurabilité psychanalytique chez Paul Ricœur
Keywords:Figurability, Psychoanalysis, Hermeneutics, Image
AbstractIn this article, I will analyze Paul Ricœur’s conception of the function of “figurability” in psychoanalysis, namely through his reading of the “psychoanalytic discovery” where language works at the pictorial level [langage figuré]. This reading provides another notion of the image for his hermeneutics insofar as Ricœur calls into question the submission of the image in relation to language. From this reading, I will argue that the connection between the “work of image,” in his reading of psychoanalysis, and the “work” of metaphor, in his theory of metaphor, leads to the expansion of the conception of metaphor insofar as it reveals a level of visualization where language does not control the image.
Botella, César et Botella, Sara. La figurabilité psychique. Paris : Éditions in Press, 2007.
Calin, Rodolphe. « À la charnière de l’image et du langage : deux approches du schématisme de l’imagination chez Paul Ricœur. » Philosophiques 41, 2 (2014) : 253-273.
Freud, Sigmund. L'interprétation du rêve. Paris : Éditions du Seuil, 2010.
_ _ _. « Le créateur littéraire et la fantaisie. » In L'inquiétante étrangeté et autres essais, 29-46. Paris : Gallimard, 1985.
_ _ _. Un Souvenir d'enfance de Léonard de Vinci. Paris : Gallimard, 1987.
Laplanche, Jean et Leclaire, Serge. « L’Inconscient. Une étude psychanalytique. » In L’Inconscient, VIe Colloque de Bonneval , 95-130. Paris : Desclée de Brouwer, 1966.
Laplanche, Jean et Pontalis Jean-Bertrand. Vocabulaire de la psychanalyse. Paris : PUF, 1967.
Ricœur, Paul. De l’interprétation : Essai sur Freud. Paris : Éditions du Seuil, 1965.
_ _ _. « Une lettre de P. R. [réponse à J. P. V.] », Critique 22/225 février (1966) : 183-186.
_ _ _. « Psychanalyse et culture. » In Critique sociologique et critique psychanalytique, 179-185. Bruxelles : Éditions de l’Institut de sociologie, Université libre de Bruxelles, 1970.
_ _ _. La Métaphore Vive. Paris : Éditions du Seuil, 1975.
_ _ _. « Image et langage en psychanalyse. » In Écrits et conférences 1 : autour de la psychanalyse, 105-138. Paris : Seuil, 2008a.
_ _ _. « Psychanalyse et art. » In : Écrits et conférences 1 : autour de la psychanalyse, 221-256. Paris : Seuil, 2008b.
_ _ _. « Psychanalyse et interprétation. Un retour critique (Entretien) », Études Ricœuriennes / Ricœur Studies 7, n. 1 (2016) : 19-30.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- The Author retains copyright in the Work, where the term “Work” shall include all digital objects that may result in subsequent electronic publication or distribution.
- Upon acceptance of the Work, the author shall grant to the Publisher the right of first publication of the Work.
- The Author shall grant to the Publisher and its agents the nonexclusive perpetual right and license to publish, archive, and make accessible the Work in whole or in part in all forms of media now or hereafter known under a Creative Commons 4.0 License (Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works), or its equivalent, which, for the avoidance of doubt, allows others to copy, distribute, and transmit the Work under the following conditions:
- Attribution—other users must attribute the Work in the manner specified by the author as indicated on the journal Web site;
- Noncommercial—other users (including Publisher) may not use this Work for commercial purposes;
- No Derivative Works—other users (including Publisher) may not alter, transform, or build upon this Work,with the understanding that any of the above conditions can be waived with permission from the Author and that where the Work or any of its elements is in the public domain under applicable law, that status is in no way affected by the license.
- The Author is able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the nonexclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the Work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), as long as there is provided in the document an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post online a pre-publication manuscript (but not the Publisher’s final formatted PDF version of the Work) in institutional repositories or on their Websites prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work. Any such posting made before acceptance and publication of the Work shall be updated upon publication to include a reference to the Publisher-assigned DOI (Digital Object Identifier) and a link to the online abstract for the final published Work in the Journal.
- Upon Publisher’s request, the Author agrees to furnish promptly to Publisher, at the Author’s own expense, written evidence of the permissions, licenses, and consents for use of third-party material included within the Work, except as determined by Publisher to be covered by the principles of Fair Use.
- The Author represents and warrants that:
- the Work is the Author’s original work;
- the Author has not transferred, and will not transfer, exclusive rights in the Work to any third party;
- the Work is not pending review or under consideration by another publisher;
- the Work has not previously been published;
- the Work contains no misrepresentation or infringement of the Work or property of other authors or third parties; and
- the Work contains no libel, invasion of privacy, or other unlawful matter.
- The Author agrees to indemnify and hold Publisher harmless from Author’s breach of the representations and warranties contained in Paragraph 6 above, as well as any claim or proceeding relating to Publisher’s use and publication of any content contained in the Work, including third-party content.