Le Prix d’excellence des Ateliers d’été 2022 du Fonds Ricœur –« Dissonances mélodiques. Du cercle de la mimèsis à la Poétique du récit : une transition difficile »
Keywords:Mimesis, Prefiguration, Refiguration, Time, Narrative, Action, Praxis, Ontology, Connectors, History, Reading, Poetics, Hermeneutics
AbstractThis article points out some methodological difficulties in Time and Narrative. On the one hand, the imbalance in the re-elaboration of the mimetic model: the extensive treatment of the configurative and the refigurative components contrasts with the indeterminacy which remains in the prefigurative component. On the other hand, there is a discontinuity between narrative refiguration and the hermeneutics of historical consciousness. A certain ambiguity of the “ontological” allows for the integration of the hermeneutics of historical consciousness and the prefigurative dimension of action. By limiting the scope of refiguration in this way, the poetic circle operates solely within the hermeneutic circle. The connectors of historical time and the theory of the act of reading are also related to the hermeneutics of action. Thus an alternative view of Time and Narrative emerges, where narrative ceases to be the main axis, and where praxis gives full meaning to the hermeneutic reflection, and thereby to the experience of time.
BORGES Jorge Luis, Nueva antología personal (Buenos Aires : Emecé, 1968).
BOUCHINDHOMME Christian & Rainer ROCHLITZ (dir.), « Temps et récit » de Paul Ricœur en débat (Paris : Cerf, 1990).
GADAMER Hans-Georg, Wahrheit und Methode, Gesammelte Werke 1, Hermeneutik I (Mohr : Tübingen, 1986), trad. fr., Vérité et méthode (Paris : Seuil, 1996).
HEIDEGGER Martin, Sein und zeit (Tübingen : Max Niemeyer Verlag, 1967 ).
HUSSERL Edmund, Ideen zu einer reinen Phänomenologie und phanomenologischen Philosophie, I, Husserliana III/1 (Den Haag : M. Nijhoff, 1952 ), trad. de Paul Ricœur : Idées directrices pour une phénoménologie et une philosophie phénoménologique pure (Paris : Gallimard, 1950).
RICŒUR Paul, Le Conflit des interprétations. Essais d’herméneutique (Paris : Seuil, 1969).
RICŒUR Paul, Herméneutique, Cours de 1971-1972 à l’Université Catholique de Louvain (édition électronique du FondsRicoeur, 2013).
RICŒUR Paul, La Métaphore vive (Paris : Seuil, 1975).
RICŒUR Paul, « La fonction narrative et l’expérience humaine du temps », Archivio di filosofia (Esistenza, mito, ermeneutica, Sritti per Enrico Castelli), 80/1 (1980).
RICŒUR Paul, Temps et récit, 1. L’intrigue et le récit historique (Paris : Seuil, 1983).
RICŒUR Paul, Temps et récit, 2. La configuration dans le récit de fiction (Paris : Seuil, 1984).
RICŒUR Paul, Temps et récit, 3. Le temps raconté (Paris : Seuil, 1985).
RICŒUR Paul, Du texte à l’action. Essais d’herméneutique II (Paris : Seuil, 1986).
RICŒUR Paul, Soi-même comme un autre (Paris : Seuil, 1990).
RICŒUR Paul, La Critique et la conviction, Entretiens avec François Azouvi et Marc de Launay (Paris : Calmann-Lévy, 1995).
RICŒUR Paul, Réflexion faite. Autobiographie intellectuelle (Paris : Esprit, 1995).
RICŒUR Paul, Lectures 2 (Paris : Seuil, 1999).
RICŒUR Paul, La Mémoire, l’histoire, l’oubli (Paris : Seuil, 2000).
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- The Author retains copyright in the Work, where the term “Work” shall include all digital objects that may result in subsequent electronic publication or distribution.
- Upon acceptance of the Work, the author shall grant to the Publisher the right of first publication of the Work.
- The Author shall grant to the Publisher and its agents the nonexclusive perpetual right and license to publish, archive, and make accessible the Work in whole or in part in all forms of media now or hereafter known under a Creative Commons 4.0 License (Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works), or its equivalent, which, for the avoidance of doubt, allows others to copy, distribute, and transmit the Work under the following conditions:
- Attribution—other users must attribute the Work in the manner specified by the author as indicated on the journal Web site;
- Noncommercial—other users (including Publisher) may not use this Work for commercial purposes;
- No Derivative Works—other users (including Publisher) may not alter, transform, or build upon this Work,with the understanding that any of the above conditions can be waived with permission from the Author and that where the Work or any of its elements is in the public domain under applicable law, that status is in no way affected by the license.
- The Author is able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the nonexclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the Work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), as long as there is provided in the document an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post online a pre-publication manuscript (but not the Publisher’s final formatted PDF version of the Work) in institutional repositories or on their Websites prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work. Any such posting made before acceptance and publication of the Work shall be updated upon publication to include a reference to the Publisher-assigned DOI (Digital Object Identifier) and a link to the online abstract for the final published Work in the Journal.
- Upon Publisher’s request, the Author agrees to furnish promptly to Publisher, at the Author’s own expense, written evidence of the permissions, licenses, and consents for use of third-party material included within the Work, except as determined by Publisher to be covered by the principles of Fair Use.
- The Author represents and warrants that:
- the Work is the Author’s original work;
- the Author has not transferred, and will not transfer, exclusive rights in the Work to any third party;
- the Work is not pending review or under consideration by another publisher;
- the Work has not previously been published;
- the Work contains no misrepresentation or infringement of the Work or property of other authors or third parties; and
- the Work contains no libel, invasion of privacy, or other unlawful matter.
- The Author agrees to indemnify and hold Publisher harmless from Author’s breach of the representations and warranties contained in Paragraph 6 above, as well as any claim or proceeding relating to Publisher’s use and publication of any content contained in the Work, including third-party content.